Terms, Conditions, Policies,
Waivers, Cancelations, Refunds,
Voucher Use, Inebriation, Gratuities, and Review Sites
Our tours book up
quickly. Advance reservations for
regurlarly scheduled tours are highly recommended
Our trips are small groups - the minimum requirement
for a group is 4 and the maximum is 15. If a tour does
not reach the minimum size it may be canceled.
Private and custom tours are exempt from this policy.
Please note that we do sometimes cancel tours
The main reason for tour cancelation is low ticket sales
Some of our restaurant partners require us to maintain a minimum group size
When that is not met, we will cancel the tour, usually 24 hours in advance.
Check your email the day before your tour.
Reservations Line: 415.504.3636 Ext 102
Reservations Online: reservations.php
Reservations via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Line: 415.688.2121
We accept credit cards,
cash or travelers checks.
The starting location will be emailed to you at the time of booking.
We will also send you driving directions/ transit directions, tips on what to bring and what to expect.
For same day reservations, please call us at 415.688.2121, or 415-685-1689
We will work to accommodate last-minute guests.
Large groups and custom tours are always welcome, please call 415-504-3636 x101, or 102
When reserving a trip with Explore San Francisco, guest agrees to the following contract terms:
Explore San Francisco will provide all services described at the price listed.
While participating in the trip, guest agrees to hold harmless Explore San Francisco and Explore San Francisco guides for delays in the start or end time of each trip. Explore San Francisco makes every reasonable effort to start and end each trip on time.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR SCHEDULED TOURS
Regularly scheduled walking tours are non-refundable within 7 days of scheduled date. Likewise, if we have to cancel or reschedule, we will do our best to notify you at least 3 days in advance. Within the 3 days there are no refunds and tours will be conducted rain or shine.
TOURS ARE SUBJECT TO CANCELLATION
If a scheduled tour does not meet the minimum requirement of 4 confirmed guests the tour may be cancelled. We sell tickets to our tours until 24 hours in advance of the tour, at that point, if a tour has less than 4 people scheduled the guide has the option to cancel the tour. If that happens to you, we will either refund you or reschedule you, or you may have the option of paying to make your tour a private tour (prices vary). If you are concerned that your tour might be canceled due to slow sales please feel free to call or email us and we will keep you updated.
DISCOUNTED TICKETS AND VOUCHERS FROM ONLINE DEAL SITES
We sometimes discount some tickets for our tours, we enjoy doing it and we attract new customers. Usually half of what the customer pays for the tour is what the deal site charges for selling the ticket. We end up with only a small percentage of the ticket price so as a result we are forced to implement a limit on how many vouchers can be used on each food tour. On food tours only: no more than 50% of tickets may be discounted tickets or vouchers. For example, a tour group of 10 people may not have more than 5 guests using discounted tickets, this applies to the group as a whole.
POP_UP RESTAURANT / CONCIERGE SERVICES /
CUSTOM OR PRIVATE GROUP TOURS / EVENT PLANNING
Each restaurant has it's own cancellation policy, usually a credit card is required to hold a reservation. We must abide by their policies. The booking fee is non-refundable. Likewise when we are making reservations for our clients with third party vendors please be advised that each vendor has it's own policy regarding cancellations, refunds and rescheduling. If we have rendered services our service fees are not reversable.
Please be advised that the tour descriptions are only based on previous tours and are not an exact iitinerary, destinations and stops can and will change for a variety of reasons.However, we know our neighborhoods very well and are confident that you will be delighted with the route that your guide will take you on. On food tours, the restauarant choices change frequently and if you are not delighted with the food please let your guide know immediately. It is our job to make sure that you have a wonderful time. You are our guests, and we will endeavor to treat you as such.
So lets have some fun and if you don't like something, tell your guide who will do his or her best to rectify the situation immediately.
In consideration of being permitted to purchase a ticket or tickets for the food tasting and cultural walking tours offered by Explore San Francisco, (the â€śCompanyâ€ť), and the Companyâ€™s permitting me and those in my party to participate in such food tasting and cultural walking tours, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, I, on behalf of myself and those in my party (who are individually and collectively referred to herein as the â€śParticipantâ€ť), understand, acknowledge, represent, warrant and agree as follows, with the knowledge that the Company will rely on same:
1. Participant desires to participate in the food tasting and cultural walking tours offered by the Company (the â€śToursâ€ť).
2. Participant is in good health and suffers from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make Participant susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activity contemplated by this Waiver and Release of Claims.
3. Participant fully comprehends and accepts all of the risks associated with Participantâ€™s participation in the Tours including, without limitation, exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, allergic reactions, choking, injuries and death. Participantâ€™s participation in the Tours is at Participantâ€™s sole risk. Participant, on behalf of Participant and Participantâ€™s successors in interest, hereby forever and unconditionally releases the Company, its owners, officers, employees, agents, and insurers (collectively, â€śreleased partiesâ€ť), from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs, and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneyâ€™s fees) in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participantâ€™s participation in the Tours, including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for death, injury, loss or damage of property, regardless of whether or not such injury, loss or damage was caused by the negligence or willful conduct of the Company or any of the released parties. Participantâ€™s release includes, but is not limited to, harm that may be attributable to, or in any way arise from, Participantâ€™s own conduct, behavior or history of pre-existing conditions or dispositions. Participant also agrees that Participant is financially responsible for any and all medical treatment required as a result of any such harm. Participant, on behalf of Participant and Participantâ€™s successors in interest, further agrees to defend and indemnify the Company and the released parties harmless, from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses (including, without limitation, attorneyâ€™s fees) and losses of any kind of nature whatsoever in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participantâ€™s participation in the Tours.
4. Participant agrees to pay any and all costs, fees, expenses and charges arising from any act or conduct of Participant that results in damage or injury to any person. Participant further agrees to indemnify and hold Company harmless from and against any such act or conduct.
5. Participant grants to Company, including Companyâ€™s successors and assigns, the right and authority to use Participantâ€™s name, likeness, photograph and/or picture from the Tours for any and all commercial or non-commercial purposes now known or later developed in perpetuity throughout the universe without further obligation or compensation to Participant.
6. This Waiver and Release of Claims constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between Participant and the released parties, and cancels, terminates and supersedes any prior agreement or understanding relating to the subject matter hereof. There are no representations, promises, agreements, warranties, covenants, or undertakings other than those contained in this Waiver and Release of Claims.
7. Company reserves the right to make changes or substitutions in order to meet unexpected situations. Company reserves the right to cancel the Tours, if deemed necessary for reasons including insufficient program participation and circumstances beyond Companyâ€™s control, such as strikes, lockouts, riots, wars, whether declared or undeclared, hostilities, civil disturbances, acts of God, acts of governments or other authorities, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, custom regulations, delays, or cancellations of or changes in itinerary or schedules or from any causes beyond Companyâ€™s control. In such event, Company shall have no responsibility, beyond the refund of monies paid to Company by the Participant. A refund shall be made to Participant, within thirty (30) days, by means of a company or bank check.
8. Any modification of this agreement shall be effective only if it is in writing and signed by the party to be charged. The failure of either party to insist on strict compliance with any provision of this agreement by the other party shall never be deemed a waiver of such provision. If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless continue in full force and effect. Should Participant breach this agreement, Participant shall be liable to Company for all losses, claims, resulting from such breach, including any legal or other expenses reasonably incurred in investigating, defending against or bringing suit based upon any such loss, claim or damage. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. This agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto, their respective representatives, executors, administrators, heirs, successors and permitted assigns.
9. Food Tour Discount Vouchers: On parties of 4 or more, we can only allow half of our guests to use discounted vouchers ( Groupon, Travelzoo, etc). We pay for your food in advance, at full price, so therefore we need to limit the spots available for discounted tickets.
10. Photographs and Videos: Participants agree to allow the Company to use their images for marketing or on social media sites like Facebook, or Trip Advisor. We take pictures on the tours, we send you copies of the pics as a souvenir from the tour. We may use your likeness online to show a reprentation of people enjoying themselves on our tours. Nothing more sinister than that.
11All judicial proceedings against any party hereto arising out of or relating to this agreement will be brought in a state court of competent jurisdiction in the County of San Francisco, State of California. By execution and delivery of this agreement each party accepts for itself, generally and unconditionally, the exclusive jurisdiction of the aforesaid courts, waives any defense of forum non conveniens and irrevocably agrees to be bound by any judgment
REGARDING PUBLIC INTOXICATION WHILE ON OUR TOUR
Please note: On food tours where alcohol is served...While there will be drinking, we will be serving you no more than 2 or 3 drinks for the entire tour. If we see that you are purchasing additional alcohol, we will slow down our service accordingly. We are not obligated to discuss this with you, we are letting you know now. Our prime directive on tour is to make sure that everyone has a great time. Therefore we do not cater to drunks. All drunks will be left behind, or we will put you in a LYFT home. But you will not be allowed to continue the tour. And there are no refunds whatsoever.
The only tour that we will not be monitoring every sip of alcohol is on the North Beach Pub Crawl. On this tour you purchase your own alcohol. But on any of the other tours, you can drink, but don't get drunk, or you will be left, and there are no refunds.
Tour guides are customarily tipped and rely on your tips to make a living and pay their bills. Tour guides at Explore San Francisco are not simply hired because they are bubbly and good at memorizing a script. Our guides, many of whom are quite bubbly, are professionals and are hired for their expertise, their passion, and their committment to being a better tour guide. They are involved 100% in the planning and implementation of their tours, they do their own research and are encouraged to make their tour unique, and as a result of their hard work we have completely unique tours that are rock solid. That is probably why most of our business is from local people and we have a high percentage of return business, which is not usually the case in this type of business. The point here is that if you liked your tour, thank your guide because he/she was responsible for it, from beginning to end. The best way to thank them for the many hours of work they do behind the scenes is to tip at least 20% at the end of the tour.
CONTACTING US REGARDING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE OWED A REFUND FOR ANY REASON
We want you to be completely satisfied with your experience at Explore San Francisco and we will bend over backwards to make sure that you are happy. But sometimes that is just not possible, and it is just best for us to go our separate ways. Under these conditions we are usually more than happy to refund your money and to part as friends.
Without mentioning any names of popular websites, let us just say that at least one review site has recently taken on a whole new identity and has become vicious and heavy handed when dealing with small businesses. They have unleashed a whole new type of person on the world, one who feels entitled to leave permanent and scathing reviews of small businesses who have dissapointed the reviewer sometimes with the most innocuous of errors. We have received negative reviews because the reviewer didn't like the fact that she was expected to walk...On her walking tour. Another reviewer felt is was our fault that she could not find parking. We currently have a negative but filtered review from someone who gave us one star because we committed the horrible crime of canceling a tour due to low ticket sales, she concludes with, "Don't take their tour, they are scam artists". She did not take down her review and it will remain there forever, even though she was refunded her money and directed to another tour company that could accommodate her. In fact, all of these reviews will remain on the web forever, and will continue to diminish our ability to earn a living.
We have also been the victims of review hit jobs. We had one person leave us 9 negative reviews in one week. We didn't even know who she was. It was at this point that we stopped being afraid of the reviews, the reviewers or the awful site for whom they attack the innocent. So please be advised that if you leave us a review you should be fair, stick to the facts, do not make it personal, and if you lie, slander, or libel us, we will sue you immediately. We have joined a growing number of small business owners who are not going to be extorted any longer. If you have something mean and unfair to say about someone, be prepared to say it in a court of law.
We reserve the right to charge your credit card $3500.00 in the event of you leaving a damaging or untrue public review, without attempting to resolve the issue with us first. If you have posted a damaging review, and we have charged your card, we will reverse the charges when you remove the post. We hate to do this, and we certainly will do everything in our power to not do this, but this is our only defense against less than honest people who deliberatley post outlandish reviews which will remain on the internet forever. This idea is not ours but is legal, and has been used by a growing number of small businesses, and has been held up in the courts.
Luckily, almost 99% of our reviews are very positive, and to the lovely people who took the time to say something nice about us, thank you and we love you. We are doing this all for you after all. so we are so happy to hear that we've gotten it right, we love to make your day. If we have done something that you don't like, please tell us so that we can improve our business. We have a fun company and offer a fun product, we like people and enjoy meeting you and others from around the world. Let's keep this fun and treat each other right, let's pay it forward and make the world a better place.